What better time to reduce your stress level than before you begin your day? I was asked recently...
What would you recommend to business owners whom are stressed out with their businesses as a quick way to de-stress in the morning before they tackle the day?
I would definitely suggest a solid morning routine which includes some inspirational self care.
Optimally, add 15-20 minutes to your morning routine, but if you can only spare 5-10 that will still help.
Optimally, you will have a space in your home that rejuvenates you. This can be your back deck or patio, a corner of your living room or bedroom, or even your bathroom if it is soothing and refreshing.
Include some soft music, this can be while you enjoy your morning beverage (coffee, tea, smoothie).
I also recommend lighting a candle, burning incense or a fragrance warmer to add some glow and pleasing fragrance.
If you meditate, this is a perfect time to do that as a start to your day.
This is also a great time to practice your affirmations.
Key elements to reduce your stress level, whether you meditate or not:
- Be grateful for what you have right now. I'm not saying practice gratitude for what you envision having, but truly give thanks for some wonders you have in your life today, in this moment. Today that thing may be the opportunity to run your own business, or a great night's sleep, or a supportive and loving spouse, or really cushy bedroom slippers.
- Have a notebook or scrapbook with some work you have done that you are especially proud of, that makes you feel you are doing your best work and look through these. Remember why you are doing this. Remember the purpose that you are meant to share.
- Give focus to 3 tasks you intend to complete today. See how you will complete them and envision the impact you most desire from their implementation.
- (optional) Read a beautiful or inspiring quote or reading.
- (optional) Have a funny/inspirational photo near your mirror to remind you how amazing you are.
- (optional) MOVE! Put on a great song and let yourself sing out loud and dance around.
Now go tackle your day! Make it the best day of your life!
I would love to hear your thoughts on the idea of adding this to your morning.
Post a Comment